Do you need help? On this page you can find our User Guides and a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you want to contact us directly, you can find our support email address below.
- MindNode 3.6 for iOS User Guide
- MindNode 1.11 for Mac User Guide
- iCloud Drive Troubleshooting Guide
- MyMindNode User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is mind mapping?
Mind mapping is a way to visually outline information. It’s best used for note taking and brainstorming, but can be used for various other things like writing, todo lists, and problem solving.
- Do I have to purchase the app twice if I want to use it on iOS and OS X?
iOS and OS X are two completely different operating systems with their own corresponding App Stores. It's currently not possible to create a single app that targets both platforms. This is why MindNode for iOS and MindNode Pro for OS X are two separate apps that need to be purchased individually.
As MindNode for iOS is an universal app, you can install it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
You can also find a feature comparison of the Mac and iOS app here.
- How can I install MindNode on my other devices?
To download MindNode again follow these instructions by Apple:
Note: It is not possible to install MindNode for iOS on your Mac or MindNode Pro on your iOS device.
- I’m using iCloud on iOS and it stopped working and I’m unable to access iCloud documents.
For iCloud related issues please refer to our iCloud Troubleshooting Guide. In case you experience difficulties our guide doesn't solve, please don't hesitate to send us a support email.
- I purchased MindNode Pro outside the Mac App Store, how can I access iCloud documents?
Documents in iCloud is a OS X feature that is only available for applications purchased through the Mac App Store. We are sadly unable to provide this feature to customers who purchased MindNode Pro outside the Mac App Store nor are we able to migrate those customers to the Mac App Store version.
To work around this restriction you can use this officially unsupported way to access your iCloud documents in Finder.
- What is the difference between MindNode Pro and MindNode for iOS?
We have a Feature Comparison Chart available. Do you still have any pre-sale questions? Please send us a support email and we are as helpful as we can.
- Do you have any tutorial videos?
Our YouTube channel has some videos showing MindNode in action. You can find introduction videos and workflow tips & tricks there.
- How can I add a comment to a node?
MindNode currently doesn't support comments for nodes. However there is no limit to the amount of text that can be entered into a node. You can simply use a subnode as a comment for another node. The advantage is that you can add as many of these "comment subnodes" as you want. To hide the comments simply fold the node.
Some more detailed information can be found on our our blog:
- AirDrop replaces Wifi Sharing
MindNode allows users to transfer documents wirelessly to other versions of MindNode using AirDrop - a feature provided by the operating system. Older versions of MindNode had a feature named "MindNode Pro Sharing", which has been replaced by AirDrop.
To send a document from one device to the other, please read the user guide for your MindNode version.
- Bluetooth enabled
- The sending app needs to send via the Share menu.
- The receiving side needs to be in receiving mode. This means to activate the Control Center, or an open AirDrop Finder window.
If you want to contact us directly, you can send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
To allow us to better respond to your request, please include what version of MindNode (iOS or Mac) you are using.