Do you need help? On this page you can find our User Guides and a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you want to contact us directly, you can find our support email address below.
Performance issue in MindNode for Mac 2.4
MindNode for Mac 2.4 introduce a performance issue related to spell checking. We are currently working on a fix and hope to have a new version on the Mac App Store in a few days. In the meantime you can disable spellchecking to workaround this issue. We are very sorry for the trouble this issue has caused you.
- MindNode for iOS User Guide
- MindNode for Mac User Guide
- iCloud Drive Troubleshooting Guide
- MyMindNode User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is mind mapping?
Mind mapping is a way to visually outline information. It’s best used for note taking and brainstorming, but can be used for various other things like writing, todo lists, and problem solving.
- Do I have to purchase the app twice if I want to use it on iOS and OS X?
iOS and OS X are two completely different operating systems with their own corresponding App Stores. It's currently not possible to create a single app that targets both platforms. This is why MindNode for iOS and MindNode for Mac are two separate apps that need to be purchased individually.
As MindNode for iOS is an universal app, you can install it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- How can I install MindNode on my other devices?
To download MindNode again follow these instructions by Apple:
Note: It is not possible to install MindNode for iOS on your Mac or MindNode for Mac on your iOS device.
- I’m using iCloud on iOS and it stopped working and I’m unable to access iCloud documents.
For iCloud related issues please refer to our iCloud Troubleshooting Guide. In case you experience difficulties our guide doesn't solve, please don't hesitate to send us a support email.
- Do you have any tutorial videos?
Our YouTube channel has some videos showing MindNode in action. You can find introduction videos and workflow tips & tricks there.
- AirDrop replaces Wifi Sharing
MindNode allows users to transfer documents wirelessly to other versions of MindNode using AirDrop - a feature provided by the operating system. Older versions of MindNode had a feature named "MindNode Pro Sharing", which has been replaced by AirDrop.
To send a document from one device to the other, please read the user guide for your MindNode version.
- Bluetooth enabled
- The sending app needs to send via the Share menu.
- The receiving side needs to be in receiving mode. This means to activate the Control Center, or an open AirDrop Finder window.
- MindNode 2 Free Add-On for Pro customers
As a customer of MindNode Pro you are eligible to receive a free Add-On pack within the new MindNode for Mac. You can learn more on how to active this pack here: MindNode for Mac Add-On.
- File Format Changes with MindNode 2 for Mac and MindNode 4 for iOS
To support new features like notes and connection labels, "MindNode 2 for Mac" and "MindNode 4 for iOS", use a new file format. The following guide will help you if you need to continue to support the old file format.
- What is the difference between MindNode for Mac and MindNode for iOS?
MindNode for Mac and MindNode for iOS a very similar. Only minor features are different. You can find an overview in our Feature Chart.
If you want to contact us directly, you can send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
To allow us to better respond to your request, please include what version of MindNode (iOS or Mac) you are using.